We do have a few hints:
- If they are national, and have an office in Indy and 45 other places, it's a scam.
- If they have no office in Indy but come here 2x a year and meet in a hotel, it's a scam.
- If they use words like "bootcamp" and "mother agency", they're a scam.
- If they post each and every day about someone being "on set" with a client, they're a scam.
- If they want over $1000 of your money, they're definitely a scam.
The best advice is to not show up at these places with your eyes wide open and just looking to be scammed. If you do a decent job of evaluating what's being put in front of you, the scams are actually easy to spot. Don't let the glitter fool you....keep your feet on the ground.