A lot of what the media feeds you is accurate but, unfortunately, a lot of it is agenda-driven & not true. So....here is a little common sense for all:
- The "CoronaVirus" can only be transmitted from person to person. Common domesticated animals cannot carry this virus.
- The virus cannot "fly" or "jump." It can only be transmitted by someone who is infected sneezing, coughing, or touching something that you touch shortly thereafter (the virus dies after only a few minutes away from a human host.)
- What makes the virus especially contagious is the way its molecular structure is formed. It has "grippers" that make it fairly easy for it to adhere to the sinuses and/or within the lungs.
- The CoronaVirus is no more "dangerous" the the common flu. About 40K people will die this year in the U.S. from the flu. Nearly all of these will be the elderly, whose immune systems are not as robust as they once were. The same is true of the CoronaVirus....if you are under age 65 and in good health, this virus is nothing more than getting the flu for you.
- The #1 way to defeat this virus (or any virus) is to avoid contact with other humans until it "dies out" because there is no one left for it to infect. Once it dies within someone, that person can no longer infect others.
- There will be more cases before this goes away. The best estimates are that we will reach the top of the curve (the time when we peak and then to start seeing a reduction in cases) in about 3-4 weeks from now (in early April.) How fast it dissipates after that will largely depend on how well the American population did in limiting contact with those who are infected. The panic has spawned the term "social distancing" and it is vital that we do so for the next 3 weeks.
Avoid "news" sources such as CNN that exist solely to spread agenda-driven propaganda. Get your updates from the daily briefings from the White House, from the CDC, or from a quality news source in your area. The scam "news" outlets (like CNN) feed on ignorance and sensationalism. Don't let them make a fool of you.